Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Riva, Maryland

Hello…

I started a group on Facebook, “I grew up in Riva, Maryland”, and the group has grown to 119 members. I have invited the group to review this post and add comments regarding their experiences, memories, random thoughts and feelings about the great small town of Riva.

I usually am not very sentimental, but every time I drive through or run into someone from Riva I start to think back to how great growing up there really was…

I could ramble on and on about my memories, thoughts and experiences but I want to hear from you.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

There you go, brent. With no comments set up and no email address anywhere on your blog, it was hard for anyone to give you the feedback that you were looking for.

So, you asked how to get more traffic? Well, content. I started blogging in 2004, and granted I have no particular vision for my blog, it is what it is, but now after 4 years I get about 30-70 visits per day. While that is a lot compared to 2004 (when I was happy to get one person visiting besides me), it's nothing compared to popular blogs out there. I get more traffic by writing more stuff, even if traffic isn't important to me (I'm not out to make money). If you truly want visits, you have to post more about things people want to read about.

Happy Blogging!
Kim

Chief Noisemaker said...

Thanks, where can I put my eamil...I am trying to set this up write. The set-ups are odd on this site

Carrie said...

brent - it seems silly that i am reminissing with you when i dont even remember the last time i saw you but here goes...

...walking to the little store before the sidewalk was built against my mother's wishes...

...boat rides with my parents, brother and scott leary on the south river, hanging our feet over the edge so they got wet...

...coming home from college the first time and crossing the riva bridge, the way the south river sparkled... (i know its corny)

Chief Noisemaker said...

I do the same thing all the time...It is rather odd, but living there was s special. It was a lot smaller then, but everyone kinda know each other.

Brent

Chief Noisemaker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chief Noisemaker said...
This comment has been removed by the author.